Bella Smile Surgical Device
“Bella Smile Surgical Device” has revolutionized the traditional method on how to integrate Invisalign treatment in orthodontics.
Many orthodontists still prefer treating Invisalign cases, using temporary anchorage devices, or traditional braces, with bands bonded on the first molars. By using the Bella Smile surgical device, we are now able to treat more patients with Invisalign and avoid the additional cost of traditional temporary anchorage devices, or braces.
When setting your ClinCheck request 0.2mm of space mesial and distal to the first molars that you will band. By treatment planning band space in your ClinCheck while decompensating for surgery, you can scan for digital models to send to the surgeon and models to fabricate the “Bella Smile Surgical device” 2-4 weeks before surgery. Have the patient wear the same current aligners and have the device cemented on with band Unitek Glass Ionomer cement and add composite pad bonded onto each tooth to secure the wire with LR Unitek composite the day before surgery. 3 weeks after surgery, you can start vertical elastics to sock in the bite and at 6 weeks, you can remove the appliance, scan for refinement, and have the patient wear the last aligner before surgery till the new aligners arrive.
Dr. Bella Shen Garnett
American Association of Orthodontists Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
American Dental Association California Dental Society
Harvard Society for the Advancement of Orthodontics
Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
San Francisco Dental Society
A graduate of Stanford University and the Harvard School of Dental Medicine (DMD, MMSc), Dr. Bella Shen Garnett is also a board-certified orthodontist, and a member of The Angle Society in San Francisco. She is also a Diamond Plus Invisalign Provider and among the Top 1% Invisalign providers in all of North America. She lectures for Propel, Invisalign, and Orthopulse and teaches at the University of the Pacific. She is also a clinical advisor for Two Front. She has treated over 4500 Invisalign cases and has done numerous surgical cases with over 7 surgeons using the “Bella Smile” surgical device.
Achievements and Awards
• American Academy of Dental Practice Administration Awards of Academic Achievement, 2001
• American Student Dental Association Award of Excellence in Leadership and Service, 2001
• Harvard Medical School Dean’s Community Service Award Katherine Delmar Burke School Alumnae of the Year, 2005
• Soma Weiss Research Scholarship and Internal Research Fellowship from Harvard Medical School Invisalign® case shootout Finalist, 2007
• Top 1% Invisalign provider Associate Invisalign Professor at the University of the Pacific Invisalign Case Shoot-Out Winner 2016